Not everyone is a neat freak and blessed with the innate ability to organize and keep a clean, clutter-free house. If you fall into the less-than-organized category and your home shows it, the following tips are sure to be of use if you’d like to keep a cleaner home. If you’re a neat freak, don’t think you can’t learn a thing or two. Everyone can benefit from these home cleaning tips.
Home Cleaning Tips for Every Personality
Whether you’re a neat freak or not, keeping a clean, organized home is important for a stress-free, happy life. Here are some tips to help you whip your home into shape and keep it that way.
- If you’re a disorganized person, accept it. It’s not a bad thing, you just need to figure out how to make your life and personality co-exist in harmony.
- There’s always a possibility that something will go wrong. If you’re ready for these mishaps, though, you’ll be able to find a solution and cruise right along with nary a hiccup.
- What are your triggers? Figure out what makes you crazy and find ways to deal with them before they become a problem.
- If you know you’ll never be the type of person that goes above and beyond, it’s okay. Just focus on doing your best at the bare minimum.
- Make a point of establishing a routine. Routines are motivating and can be fun.
- Automate as much as you can. Automation makes tasks easier, so automate as much as you can. Don’t let price sway your decisions, though, as the benefits of automation can far outweigh the expense.
- Stock up. Choose a room in your home that can serve as a stockroom. Fill it with things you use and need to replace often like toilet paper, deodorant, etc. Keeping these things back stocked will help you avoid emergency trips to the store when you run out.
- Pay attention to how much time you spend mindlessly browsing on your phone. This is time that could be spent doing things that need to be done or things you love to do.
- Three things you should do every day: dishes, laundry, and your schedule book. If you make it a point to do these things every single day, it’ll make keeping your home and your life in good working order much easier.